Thursday, July 28, 2016

MOdern Guitarist Setup...

Yes I know.  It's not as classic as what I have been into, but lately what I have been experimenting with my cousin "The Drummer" has required me to come up with this combination of pedals!



The thing is I usually use a vintage tube amp with custom od's and wah and fuzz etc with a minimum of digital effects.  However, when I visited my cousin who is a pro drummer I had to improvise to create a setup that would work with his amp setup and my skills appropriately.  It went ok with some improvising with Analogman and Monte Allums pedals but I found this setup would get the Volume I would need with a smaller amp and wail over his Primus like drums!  The ibanez practice amp is all I need to emulate his for now as they react just the same and Ibanez really did a good job with these little amps!  Great Bassy tone with a nice Tubescreamer TS9 like grit!  (don't use the onboard dist tho!).
Stay posted for any possible recordings in the future! His girlfriend is a great singer as well! We had a great set!

1 comment:

  1. Btw, The Rat I got fixed and Modded by Modest Mike's Mods and it is the BEST Distortion I have ever played! Its totally clean even when fully distorting and even comes with a nifty germanium diode you can engage with the switch to ad like a separate od effect for your grit on the leads!

    ReplyDelete