Thursday, September 7, 2017

LUis's Guitar




My friend from work Luis gave me this guitar with 2 broken tuners this summer.  It was aweful to try to tune it with plyers.  When I looked it up online I noticed it didn't seem to be pretty standard tuners.  They were cheap ones and cost 25 bucks just for one.  Fortunately, my guitar guy had a bunch of old japanese steel string tuners that I could take parts from.  This guitar is a classical so I just needed to attatch the classical posts and wheels to the steel string vintage tuners.  These were nice!  They are way more nostalgic looking and only needed a lil 3 in 1 oil and some tuning experience.  They look much better and I noticed the cheap Ibanez were converted into all these little pieces that were unnecessary crap!  Now I love Classical guitars too.  My friend didn't have the dough for the repair yet so I have been playing it in my apartment and in bed watching tv too.  The thin belly of these type of acoustic make it really cozy!  I even wrote a cool song that I performed one late night at a jam!


No comments:

Post a Comment