Thursday, May 12, 2016

Replacing my Neck on my Fender Strat Mim and I found!...

A Squier name on my 1992/3 Fender Body! Only theres more to the story!...
https://spinditty.com/instruments-gear/The-Fender-Squier-Series-Stratocaster-Not-A-Typical-Squier

Wow, after reading this article it turns out that initially "Squier Series" used quality parts still so they were able to interchange the bodies for the MIM strats.  The electronics were cheaper but I already knew I needed to upgrade those!
Phew.  Good article.

Funny thing is, it was the Mim neck that was officially Fender that really sucked!  Thing twisted everytime I looked at it wrong!  I got me a real straight neck via Carl's Custom Amps in Las Cruces!  Thing is a beauty and it can be fitted with vintage tuners too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment